The more organized you are, the better!
This brings us to the following tips:
- Make a list of all your priority pieces.
Example: Your bed, night stand, bureau, kitchen table, etc.
- Make a list of what items are to be sold or given away.
Example: Items to be sold on consignment, estate sale or items to be donated to your favorite charity.
- Identify those pieces with post-it notes.
Example: Move, Donate, Sell
- Arrange for someone to be at your home when movers arrive if you cannot be there.
Example: Family member, neighbor, caregiver, realtor, fiduciary
- Pack items that you will need on move day.
Example: Medications, eye glasses, important papers
- Contact all necessary people and businesses with your new address.
Example: Doctor, Attorney, Bank, Cable, Telephone, Vet
- If you have pets, arrange for their boarding or for a friend to take them on move day.